The all-new Rocket 3 R and Rocket 3 GT has the world’s largest production motorcycle engine at 2,500cc, the new Rocket 3 delivers 11% more power than the previous generation. Along with the highest torque of any motorcycle with 163 LB-FT @ 4,000 rpm.
- Two new class-defining Rocket 3 models
- Rocket 3 R – The ultimate muscle roadster, with instantaneous world-leading torque, incredible control, comfort and capability
- Rocket 3 GT – Incredible performance and presence, with supreme comfort,
laid-back cruiser riding attitude and effortless touring capability
- Pure muscular presence and magnificent style
- Signature design features, including twin LED headlights, sculpted three-header exhaust run, hidden folding pillion footrests and 20-spoke cast aluminum wheels with imposing 240 mm rear tire
- Distinctive new hydroformed exhaust headers, delivering a deep growling triple sound
- Phenomenal handling and commanding ride
- More than 88 pounds (13%) lighter than its predecessor
- The highest specification of equipment, including top-spec Brembo Stylema®
monobloc brake calipers and adjustable Showa suspension
- Ride-enhancing technology, including second generation TFT instruments with
illuminated switch cubes, Optimized Cornering ABS & Traction Control, four riding modes (Road, Rain, Sport and Rider-configurable), all-LED lighting, Hill-Hold control, cruise control, keyless ignition and heated grips
- 50+ dedicated new Rocket 3 accessories
- New comprehensive luggage range and all-new accessories for enhanced comfort, practicality, style and security
- New ‘Highway’ inspiration kit, showcasing the extensive range of touring capability
This is the world’s biggest production motorcycle engine featuring several mass-optimized performance enhancements including a new crankcase assembly, new lubrication system comprising dry sump and integral oil tank, and new balancer shafts – together giving a 40-pound engine weight savings over the previous generation.
The Rocket 3 engine also has the highest torque figure of any production motorcycle, with 163 LB-FT – an astounding 71% more than its closest competition. With an incredibly flat and rich torque curve, reaching a peak at 4,000 rpm.
The distinctive hydroformed three-header exhaust run is an iconic design detail on both the Rocket 3 R and Rocket 3 GT. This has been meticulously engineered for the perfect exhaust routing, flowing from the header into the combined cat box and onto the beautiful triple-exit silencer.
For exceptional levels of rider comfort and a commanding level of control over the Rocket 3’s powerful performance, a new torque-assist’ hydraulic clutch provides the rider with a light clutch action by reducing lever effort. The Rocket 3’s all-new high-performance six-speed helical-cut gearbox is precision-engineered to be smoother, stronger and lighter than a standard gearbox.
The Rocket 3 line-up features an all-new high-specification mass-optimized aluminum frame with an innovative design that contributes to the new Rocket 3’s overall weight saving and provides an incredible torque-to-weight ratio, over 25% higher than the closest competition. The motorcycle features a fully adjustable Showa monoshock rear suspension unit with piggyback reservoir. Paired with a 1.9-inch (47mm) adjustable Showa front forks to deliver superior handling and exceptional comfort and touring capability.
Contributing to the Rocket 3’s clean, uncluttered styling is the beautifully engineered single-sided swing arm, with offset monoshock. The stylish internally wired handlebars further reinforce the bike’s muscular feel and commanding riding position. The new Rocket 3 is laced with details like a sculpted fuel tank, and brushed stainless and aluminum accents that perfectly complement their colour scheme options:
- Rocket 3 R
- Korosi Red
- Phantom Black
- Rocket 3 GT
- Two-tone Silver Ice & Storm Grey with Korosi Red pinstripe decal
- Phantom Black
The Rocket 3 R and Rocket 3 GT will be available January 2020 and pricing is expected to be announced in November this year.