Last week KTM announced the 890 Adventure R Rally and Adventure R, now the standard 890 Adventure has been released.
New for 2021, the 890 series becoming big brother to the 790 Adventure, with lightweight and nimble characteristics while offering an additional 20% more rotating mass of the crankshaft than the 790, improving low-end torque. The new 889 cc compact engine boasts additional horsepower and refined low-end torque and handling, along with a refined and stronger clutch. The new WP Apex rear shock offers more adjustment than before along with 200 mm of overall suspension travel. The 890 Adventure, similar to the 790 Adventure is more touring based; with a low front fender, tall windscreen and two-piece adjustable seat.
KTM 890 Adventure features
- New engine with 90 cc added displacement
- Improved performance with increased power
- Better rideability thanks to 20% increase in rotating mass
- Stronger clutch adapted to increased performance
- Engine knock control system (use of low Octane fuel)
- High-quality WP suspension components and new rear shock
- Reworked front and rear brakes for added control
- Improved ABS and MTC settings
- Anodized wheel hubs instead of powder coated
- Handlebar switch with Cruise Control button (software additional)
- Weight optimization, thanks to compact motor and fuel tank
- Slim profile, refined ergonomics and new graphics
- Travel-ready with two-part, adjustable seat and low fender
- KTM MY RIDE app giving access to music, calls and, with an optional app, navigation
You can expect to see the first 890 Adventures arriving in dealerships in November this year. A range of KTM upgrades include Cruise Control, Quickshifter+, and heated seat and grips. Pricing hasn’t been announced yet for the 890 Adventure series, but we will likely find out in the coming weeks.