We’re sure some of us expected it last year when KTM dropped the 890 Duke into the line-up of already impressive models, but now it’s official. The 890 Adventure R and 890 Adventure R Rally are set to be available for pre-order as early as this November.
Upgraded from the already high performance-based 790 the 890 Adventure models bring new engine platforms offering more power and torque – the 890 will offer 105Hp and 100 Nm of torque along with it’s crankshaft creating 20% more rotating mass creating a consistent output noticeable with low RPM torque.
The 890 Adventure R Rally boasts all this and more, showing off Wp Pro components, Akropovic exhaust, chassis race settings, rally foot pegs, clear screen and winglets along with Quickshifter+ and Rally ride mode. Although you shouldn’t hold your breath on getting you and your friends all on the 890 Rally model, with only 700 units produced and 200 of those set for the US we’re likely to see much less in Canada.
KTM 890 Adventure R Highlights
– New 889cc engine with an added 90cc of displacement
– Engine featuring 20% more rotating masses (Euro5)
– More power with 105 hp @ 8,000rpm
– Added torque with 100 Nm @ 6,500 rpm
– Reinforced clutch
– Improved ABS and Traction Control
– Reworked shifting for faster gear changes
– Updated Quickshifter+ (optional)
– New handlebar switch for Cruise Control function
– Chassis upgrades with aluminum steering head tube & lighter subframe
– Reworked front & rear brakes
– New suspension settings
KTM 890 Adventure R Rally Highlights
– Limited edition, 700 units [500 INT & 200 US]
– Updated engine & electronics
– WP XPLOR Pro Components Suspension
– Akrapovic exhaust (35% lighter than standard)
– Straight racing seat (with 910 mm height)
– RALLY mode and Quickshifter+ included
– Narrow anodized wheel rims with tubes
– Clear screen winglets and racing graphics and colours
– Carbon fibre tank protectors and Rally footrests
Joachim Sauer, KTM Product Manager Travel: “We are lucky in at least two ways with the unveiling of our new 890 Adventure R Rally and R models. Firstly, to be able to count on the high standards and excellent collaboration with our multi-title winner Rally team. It’s very cool to be able to use their work and their components and plug it straight into our production bikes. Secondly, we’re excited by the fact we’re providing a new riding experience. The increased performance in addition to the extra rotating mass are really transforming the feeling in low rpm, with the new bikes being even more stable and efficient for the long travels. I’m pretty sure KTM Adventure riders will feel the difference as soon as they get on their saddles for any kind of riding adventure.”
The exclusive KTM 890 Adventure R Rally is available in limited quantities and can be pre-ordered on ktm.com and will be available in limited quantities starting November 2nd. Purchase and delivery will go through select KTM dealers listed on the pre-order page.
You can also head to KTM.com to find more specs and photos of KTM’s full Adventure Lineup.